Tuesday 27 April 2010

Tweaking

About time for an update methinks. Rolled into college yesterday where we went over some stuff related to the animation. Our self imposed deadline is in 3 weeks for the majority of the animation to get done leaving us about 2 weeks for rendering/after effects etc.

Stu has got a tough time of it since he has the most shots, Dan has quite a lot to do as well on top of sorting stuff for the degree show. I don't envy him. I'm not built for multi-management like him. We discussed maybe breaking up a few shots from Stu's workload among the rest of us if he won't finish. We're gonna explore that possibility on Friday. I'd rather not take on any more animation, since everytime I touch animation my skin starts to sizzle like a Vampire stepping in to the daylight lol, but of course I will if that's what it comes to.

In any case it's doable and it will get done, Dan's a bloody soldier so he'd probly finish the film himself if the rest of us where taken out of commision. Hopefully it won't come to that though (touch wood).

So far today I've been tweaking one of my shots to make it a lot more suitable for our final film. Dan gave me some handy critique yesterday so I've tried to sort out some of the issues he pointed out. Posted it over at the team blog for some critique and once I get that I shall go back on it and tweak it again! In the mean time I'm going to go back on the other shot I've produced for the final film and make some tweaks on that. This way I can have something on the go everytime I'm waiting for critique on something else. :)

On a lesser note I had a brief chinwag with Double D about my folders for final hand in, so I'm probably gonna start organising stuff for that over the next few days so I'm not rushing it at the last minute. My artist folder is pretty much full with all the concept/storyboards from the first term and my character models from Term 2. Technical folder is looking alright now since I UV'd the whole environment and everything in it (outside that is) While it's not all getting textured I still did it lol so in the folder it goes. Might jump on a bit of composoting too once we are rendering stuff. Animation is of course going to be my weakest folder but I've got a couple of tests and of course 4 final shots to slip in there so it at least shows I had a crack at it despite my aversion to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment