Friday 30 October 2009

Better late than never

Dan brought up a good point yesterday over a game of Uncharted 2 about getting our individual research sorted on our blogs. This is something that usually lets me down as I forget to reference it, usually I just look at something and think "oh that's cool" and incorporate it into my work without thinking. This time however I'm gonna reference some shizz. Some of this stuff has probably been put up by the others on the group blog but this is my own stuff so here goes.


Well lets get the ball rolling with some stuff that has inspired me and my art style since character design and storyboarding is a big part of what I've done so far on the project. I'm sure you all know Bruce Timm or at least recognise his stuff if not then shame on you. He is a comic artist/ cartoonist probably best known for his work on the Batman animated series. I really like the way that he draws the human figure using very simple shapes mixing curves with sharp lines to define muscle tone and portray very strong poses.
The examples I am showing are all black and white because mostly what I take from Bruce Timm's work is the line art

No comments:

Post a Comment