Tuesday 23 March 2010

UVs are BS


Better update over here. So I had put by the last part of the Ninja UVs to start texturing the Hitman/ target because we need them more. However I don't really know how to texture, I took the UVs for the Hitman into Photoshop and coloured him up a little and played with some blinns and fast skin textures on the reflective bits of the model.

After that though I was kind of lost. As far as I know Dan has told Spence to give that a go instead, which makes me feel kinda shitty but we are workin to a deadline so I understand.

Anyway I went back on the UVs to tidy up the calf and hands which as it turns out turned out to be a LOT more work than I thought lol. Still, above is a screenie of the calf I did just to test out the lining up of the calf UV's. I meant to show where the seem is but the fact it's hard to see means I did my job I guess.

Anyway it took me about 3 and a half hours to line up the seem on that one leg, and as a trade off the squares on the texture itself are not as even as they were, however I read around and apparently having the seems lined up is more important than having all those squares lined up. Unless your using photorealistic textures. Which we arn't so it should be alright.

I tested this just to show that it is workable even if not perfect so that there won't be any problems when applying a texture.

So I guess I'll work on this more tomorrow and later, and then I can get some test animations done for next monday. Tight schedule but workable.

Now I'm off to help my old man move a cement mixer.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. "After that though I was kind of lost. As far as I know Dan has told Spence to give that a go instead, which makes me feel kinda shitty but we are workin to a deadline so I understand."

    i know how you feel mate . its happened to me on the other two films i'm working on :) :@ lol except I wasn’t told .. More pushed to the side .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks. I'm only really pissed at myself for not being able to do it.

    It's better for us all in the long run if you do it since you seem to have a handle on it :) I'll just have to suss out how to do it in my own time for future reference, can't let Maya win like that now can we >:)

    ReplyDelete