Tuesday 30 March 2010

Process

So since UV mapping is pretty much taking up my whole horizon at the moment I thought I'd do a little post regarding my work-flow:



First off here is a building with the basic texture applied and as you can see it uhhh...well it's stretched something awful.



So BAM! we select the front or side face and use a Planar Map. I had actually been selecting the front and back or the left and right etc, to save time however this causes some problems a little later on. So I planar mapped the faces individually.



Then I lay them all out and re-scale them till all the faces match up a little better. you can line it up and leave it like this I think but after having a word with Spence we add one more step.



Finally I sew the necessary edges back together to make a net type thing. Having trouble sewing the top and bottom faces for some reason but I'm working around it. The bottom faces are not important anyway since they are never seen.

Anyway this is probably the most basic way to do this but I'm pretty sure we get graded on showing our workflow or understanding of the process or something.

Tired now. Nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment