Thursday 17 December 2009

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Brush...



Here is an update just to show my progress today with zBrush. Top image is my starting point and the lower image shows the jawline and chest which are the only changes I made that I kept. I'm fairly pleased as it's my first session in zBrush.
It's hard. I've been trying to learn and do at the same time, a tutorial in one window, zBrush in another and por-I mean music in the last one.
EDIT: Was on the phone to Sam while sorting this and I tried to import it back into Maya and it's definately to many polys to work with let alone animate. I'm pretty pissed off because going back and looking at the low poly model after working with this one makes me feel like shit. I guess I'll have to get over it though, we don't have the power to run such high poly models and I'd rather we had a film that worked than one that doesn't but looks pretty.
After consideration my course of action is going to be as follows:
-Search for a way to compress the high poly model
-Failing that take the low poly model into zBrush again and make changes as best I can, keeping it between 10-40,000 polys.
-Try and recreate the shape of the pecks and jawline again...
-Take that bitch back to maya and finally give him some eyes and that will be that. Someone can rig him.
-Start all of dat again with the target model.
Ironic peace to y'all while I go and gun some people down on Modern Warfare 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment