Saturday 19 December 2009



I posted details over at the team blog but this is the final level of detail. 40k polys and it runs fine. Anymore and we are gonna be breaking out the fire extiguishers on our hard drives.

I'm going to sneak in as much detail as I can on low poly in zBrush export it back to maya and smooth that bitch out to get the same result as above.

Ok well personal notes on the process. Might as well get this out of the way now. Overall this has been a bittersweet experience for me. I think it's an improvement on character models I've done before and I worked a lot faster and picked up some cool tricks. However knowing that if I figured out the retopology and zBrush a little better I could make something even better leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Hmm perhaps that's last nights curry.

In any case I'm pretty happy with myself, I think I've upped my game and I'll step it up more going into the next 2 character models. As for these new enemies I'm not looking forward to the facial modelling and the clothes but I might as well meet these enemies head on. Doing this over the christmas break means we are in a good position in term 2 as well so the pressure isn't too much for my fragile sanity.

I hope the rest of the guys feel the same way about the model or I'm going to look a bit silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment